Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter to all! It was a nice day here. The sky was so blue with wisps of clouds passing over occasionally. It was great spending time with God this morning as the sun rose above the horizon. It was beautiful to talk to Him as the meadow larks sang in the background. And watching the sun come up...while imagining how it must have been when Mary went to the tomb of Jesus.. Breathtaking.
We had a great family meal and had a good time together. I hope your family had a joyful day, also.
I haven't had a chance to blog lately. The kids seem to be taking turns getting sick. I had one with pneumonia and another with strep throat. But thanks to antibiotics, everyone is getting better.
Oh yes, and then we had the parent teacher conferences. Everyone is doing really well in school. Yeah!
This Saturday was the ever so chaotic, Opening Ceremonies for T-ball and whatever the next group up is. I can't remember what their group is called, but they are all about 7-9 years old. That was an all day ordeal. Kids had a blast and thankfully the wind didn't start until later in the afternoon. Now it is time to start hopping! Four games a week till June. But my grandmother told me, keep the kids busy so they don't have time to get in trouble. So I guess this will be a good thing for myself and the grand-kids.
I am still just so glad that spring is here. The fields around us have started to grow green alfalfa or corn and the trees are budding. It is so pretty. Life is waking up, all around us. The Robins and other lovely birds are every where. The chipmunks have come out from hibernation. The canals are full,flowing with water. I am enjoying it. Taking it all in with every breath, every glance. I know what is next. I am not looking forward to it, but it is inevitable. Yes folks, that's right. The heat. It's coming! Yes, its suppose to rain some more in the next few days. April showers bring May flowers. But the heat, it's coming. I dread it. So I will enjoy every day under the seventy degree mark. I know these days are numbered for now. And while I enjoy the days of spring, I will try to get rid of these extra winter pounds. The thought of suffering from the heat will be my inspiration.
Happy Easter and Happy Spring !

0 comments: